Posted by FixFactsGal on Jun 5, 2015 in Bathroom Remodeler, Electrical Contractors, Fireplace Sales & Installation, Flooring - Sales & Installation, General Contractor - Room Additions, Landscape Design & Installation, Patio Covers & Enclosures, Plumbing, Remodeling - Room Additions - Gen. Contractor, Remodeling Contractors - Bathroom, Remodeling Contractors - Kitchen, Tile Flooring Sales & Installation | 0 comments
Are you the typical America consumer who spends money every year on home improvement projects? http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/remodeling-room-additions/
Do you know which home improvements the remodeling experts recommend to help increase the value of your home? It is not necessary to do a complete renovation. Small projects can make a big impact too. Stop dreaming and act today. Learn tips and suggestions on the top 5 trends from the pros.
Updating or adding bathrooms, especially master baths, will add considerable value to your house. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/remodeling-bathroom/
A master suite with his and her sinks, spacious showers and plenty of square footage are what buyer are looking for:
- Added amenities such as:
- heated floors
- steam showers
- whirlpool tubs
ample storage is a must
- Traditional ceramic tile floors are preferred over wood flooring or linoleum because they handle water better. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/flooring-tile-stone-sales-install-tolivers/
- Half-baths can be created out of small closets or under eaves.
- If you want to go green, low-flow toilets http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/plumbing/ and skylights are good choices.
- Keep your design in the same period as the rest of your house. You can still have modern amenities while retaining a classic look.
- Don’t be shy when it comes to spending — the average bathroom remodel can get you back the majority of your investment. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/countertops-bathroom/
It’s known as the heart of the house for a good reason. A kitchen remodel is one of the best ways to add value to your house. If done correctly, it can give you close to a 100 percent return on your investment. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/remodeling-kitchen/
- plenty of counter and cabinet space http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/countertops-kitchen/
- granite countertops are popular
- stainless-steel appliances are also a hot ticket
- make sure your appliances all coordinate
- window over the kitchen sink
- island counters if your kitchen has the space
They not only provide additional counter space, but can also be used for homework, grabbing a quick bite or a place for guests to hang out while you cook.
- prep sink
- extra burners
The number of Americans who are now working from home is increasing every year. This has made a home office more of a necessity than a luxury. Creating a work space not only adds value to your home, it also makes your telecommute tax deductible. Converting an unused den, sunroom or extra bedroom is a great way to take care of business from the comfort of your home. You’ll want to make sure that you have plenty of space to spread out your work load and ample cabinets for storing supplies and archival paperwork. If you live in an old house, make sure the electrical outlets have been updated with grounded outlets to accommodate three-pronged plugs. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/electrician/
Phone lines and data ports are also a big plus.
Mutli-generational Living Space:
Finishing a basement, adding bedrooms above a garage or re-configuring living space without compromising the flow is a smart way to accommodate boomerang children or aging parents. Sociologists say the multi-generational living trend is here to stay even now that the economy is improving.
- Remodeling your home with future housing needs in mind saves money in the long run.
- By providing a separate entrance and completely private living space, it’s possible to turn the “in-law suite” into a profitable apartment in the future.
- It may also raise the resale value of your home.
- Experts say 50 million people are part of multi-generational households, which means there are several different generations living under the same roof.
Sunrooms are a bridge between your home and the outdoors, and are part of today’s popular “outdoor living” trend that includes:
- outdoor kitchens http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/landscape-design-masterscapes/
- fireplaces http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/fireplace-sales-installation-az-fireplaces/
- upscale patios
- sunrooms are either unheated (three-season) or heated (four-season) and often include features like:
- tile flooring
Adding a sunroom is an affordable way to increase your home’s square footage. When adding a sunroom to your home, select a spot that’s near a gathering area — the kitchen, family room, living room or dining room — as sunrooms typically become preferred eating spots and overflow areas when entertaining guests.
Call today for you in-home estimate as well as design assistance or visit the website at http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/general-contractor/ or contact ToFixIt to find your local general contractor at (602) 863-4948.