There are many wonderful glass tabletop options for just about every room in the home. Whether you are dressing up a formal dining room, adding a sophisticated breakfast nook to your kitchen, or giving your end tables a little style, glass tabletops can make a big impact on any living space. Not only is glass a classically beautiful look in just about every room, but it is also an easy-to-clean, functional alternative to traditional wood surfaces. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/maid-services/
Do you know how to protect your wood furniture or the cleaning product to use on your glass tops? http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/glass-mirror-repair/
How to protect wood furniture with glass
Glass tops can protect your wooden tables, but don’t let moisture get trapped between glass and wood. Create airspace by elevating the glass top on clear butyl rubber bumpers available at most glass shops and let your wooden table tops breathe.
Glass edges and finishes
If you want a fresh look for your custom glass table top, you need to replace a scratched patio table top or are simply inspired to update the look of your kitchen by glass installation in your cabinet doors, knowing they types of glass edges and glass finishes are key factors when making your final decision. http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/glass-mirror-repair/
There are six basic types of glass edge finishes:
- Seamed edge – merely removes the sharpness for safer handling
- Flat edge – a polished “square” edge
- Pencil edge – a polished round edge
- Beveled edge – a straight sloped edge from ½ inch to 1 ½ inch slope
- Mitre edge – similar to a bevel, but with a sharper end to the slope
- Ogee edge – similar to bevel sloped edge but with a curved slope instead of straight
A glass tabletop can be a large investment. Taking care of the glass can extend its life and give you years of return on your purchase. Being sensible about how you use your glass tabletop as well as following some simple cleaning tips will help to maintain the shape of your glass tabletop and make your home a more beautiful place.
Use these simple cleaning and care tips to keep your glass tabletop looking clear and clean. Perhaps the best way to clean your glass tabletop is to use a high-quality glass cleaner. These cleaners can be found in the supermarket and come in a variety of formulas. Be sure to look for a streak-free version that will make your table come crystal clean. Simply spray the glass cleaner on the glass and use a soft cleaning rag or paper towel to wipe until the glass is dry. A quick clean every few days should be enough to keep your glass tabletop sparkling.
Alternative glass table top cleaning methods
- One cup of white vinegar and a gallon of water (add in a bit of dishwashing detergent if the window is greasy) will clean glass nicely with no streaking.
- One half cup of clear ammonia in two quarts of water will also remove tough dirt. (Never mix vinegar and ammonia. Ever!) Rubbing alcohol will also give a streak free shine to clean glass. If needed mix two cups of rubbing alcohol with two tablespoons of clear ammonia and two tablespoons of dishwashing detergents. This mixture must be rinsed off of very thoroughly.
- Clean the glass by rubbing with a little lemon juice, dry with paper towels and polish with newspaper for a sparkling table.
Toothpaste will remove small scratches from glass.
The ToFixIt window and glass repair experts can help you with any of your glass or mirror repair/replacements. Visit the website at: http://www.tofixit.com/phoenix/index.php/glass-mirror-repair/ or call (602) 863-4948