|Garage doors have come a long way in the last 50 years. Many of the garage doors installed in the 1960′s and 70′s in Arizona were the one piece or “knee knocker” type doors and wood sectional type doors. With garages comprising up to 35% of a home’s curb appeal, there is a large variety of garage door products available for every application and price range. The garage doors produced today are of a much higher quality than their predecessors and can help provide a barrier to help reduce the heat transfer into the garage. Hardware and door sections of your garage doors are tested thoroughly and have better warranties. Don’t just ignore the regular maintenance that is recommended by the garage door experts to prolong the life span of your garage door.
Most of us just push the button and ignore anything else. Think of your garage door as an appliance. It may not look like one, but it is the largest operating appliance in your home! Learn more maintenance tips and recommendations from the experts.
Like any equipment, your garage door, opener, and other components have to be maintained. If you have a garage that faces south, you will want an insulated garage door to reduce the heat transfer into the garage. In the case of using the garage for a workshop or a game room, you may want a thermal insulated garage door with a high R value and steel skinned on both the inside and outside for durability.
There are garage doors to blend in with the homes architecture, whether it is Spanish, Tuscan, Modern, Contemporary or Western. Stamped steel raised panel and carriage designs, polystyrene and urethane insulated (up to R-17), composite overlay carriage doors, custom wood overlay, unique fiberglass faced doors, custom rustic designs, wrought iron, and contemporary glass aluminum doors are all available. Along with a large selection of glass top designs and decorative hardware that have become so popular in the garage door industry, anyone can customize new garage doors to meet their specific needs.
They are safer and have a much more aesthetic appeal. You choose the color and design that’s best to enhance your home, including the garage door.
By maintaining your garage door system, its lifespan will be extended for many years. It is important to pick the same date once a month, to inspect your garage door and operator system. It’s not only a maintenance issue, it’s a safety issue!
Look at the garage door springs, cables, rollers, pulleys and other door hardware for signs of wear. If you see potential problems, have a qualified company make repairs. Did you know that you can also opt for having a qualified, professional, Arizona company do your periodic maintenance and inspections?
1. The garage door experts in Phoenix recommend that you should not try to adjust the spring tension on your garage door.
2. Regularly lubricate the garage door rollers, springs and hinges on the garage door with a “garage door lube” specifically made for garage door and operator lubrication.
3. Checking the balance of your garage door should be done at least once per year.
4. The garage door opener should also have safety and maintenance checks preformed once per month.
5. Remember garage door openers are not toys.
6. Make sure the garage door is balanced as discussed in the prior paragraph.
7. You can check the down force of the operator by holding the bottom of the garage door as it closes and applying an upward force against it.
Call to schedule your maintenance today with one of the local garage door experts in your area.
- Air Conditioning
- Air Quality & Mold Testing
- Appliance Repair
- Auto Tires
- Auto Transmissions
- Bathroom Remodeler
- Bathtub & Shower – Repair & Refinish
- Bird & Bee Control
- Blinds & Shutters – Window Treatments
- Cabinet – Refacing
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Computer – Repair, Sales & Service
- Concrete Coatings/Acid Staining
- Concrete Driveways, Sidewalks & Patios
- Doors – Interior & Exterior
- Dryer Vent – Cleaning, Repair & Installation
- Drywall Repair & Texturizing
- Duct Cleaning
- Electrical Contractors
- Fireplace Sales & Installation
- Flood Assistance
- Flooring – Sales & Installation
- General Contractor – Room Additions
- Glass – Entire Window Replaced (incl. Frame)
- Glass / Mirror Repair
- Handyman Services
- House Cleaning – Maid Services
- Insulation – Sales/Installation & Removal
- Kitchen Remodeler
- Landscape Design & Installation
- Landscape Maintenance – Residential Only
- Locksmith – Keys & Safes
- Misters / Installation & Repair
- Painting Contractors
- Patio Covers & Enclosures
- Pest Control & Elimination
- Pest Control and Elimination
- Plumbing Contractors
- Pool & Spa Remodeling
- Pool Cleaning
- Pool Fences & Barriers
- Real Estate Agent
- Remodeling – Room Additions – Gen. Contractor
- Remodeling Contractors – Bathroom
- Remodeling Contractors – Kitchen
- Reverse Osmosis – Drinking Water Systems
- Roofing Contractors
- Safety Products – Home & Car
- Screens, Sunscreens, Window – New/Repair
- Sliding Glass / Patio Door Repair
- Solar – Water Heaters
- Sprinkler & Irrigation – Repair & Installation
- Stucco – New & Repair
- Sun Rooms
- Swimming Pool & Spa Cleaning
- Swimming Pool & Spa Repair
- Termite Control
- Tile & Stone Cleaning
- Tile Flooring Sales & Installation
- Tree Care & Services
- Water Heaters
- Water Removal & Flood
- Water Softeners
- Window Cleaning & Pressure Wash
- Window Installation & Sales – New (including Frame)
- Window Repair – Glass Pane & Repairs